Sunday, July 6, 2008

Smoke and Mirrors

Like red roses go into bloom after rain
my brain is in turmoil and heart feels the strain
fears moment of truth for it’s used to restrain
the truth from the world – that causes the pain.
This fiction I write, I used to think proudly
hide truth in my heart even though it screams loudly.

We used to sit there, right next to each other
I knew there and then, I don’t want another
under the stars and changing seasons I sigh
all I want is that you look me in the eye
you know they are path to what lies in the lake
of my soul’s passion, deep down I ‘m no fake.

Song of the soul can never be right
if fear bites at heart and doubt is so bright
it impedes the mind to think out loud
instead, I’ve been riding the make-believe cloud
thought I’m so good that no-one can tell
that I can make everyone fall under the spell.

And round and round I circled in hell
to ankles… and deeper, until my every cell
immersed into this game and what can I say
one look in the mirror - I made myself prey!

20 June 2008

No comments: