Sunday, July 6, 2008

Foe Revealed

I went to the length that only foolish people go
I roamed the world and all I found was a foe
the foe that wakes up every morning with me
the foe that is constant and I am just its glee

running away like a cat climbs the tree
claw my way up in this hope that I’ll see
what lies beyond is deliverance sea
please, let my soul go, oh, just set my heart free.

I can see foe coming at me with his tail
to punish my soul that is already frail
drag me on the ground until there is red trail
of dust and the wind will blow off holy grail

there is no more grail, no more thoughts within
it’s gone and reborn in the new age florin
play of words has stopped here and now
I can hear in my head mooing holy cow

I want to touch your silhouette in the rain
I want you to take away all of my pain
wash it off me with the light of this day
this feeling that dried like a delicate clay

it follows on my new path with persistence
I am reluctant to merely think about its existence

20 June 2008

No comments: